Sunday, May 13, 2007

My First Post!!

Like most victims of the animation industry.....I am currently laid off from work.....and I thought it would be the perfect time to learn how to "blog". I just wanted to begin with a great old photo I took over 10 years ago that we called "The Last Supper".....because it was the last time we Nelvana layout artists would all be working together at once.
Since that time, a lot of us have gone in many different directions. I was fortunate enough to work alongside Rob Sadler not too long ago, and it prompted me to dig up this photo.
I guess I should list these guys from left to right. Far left is Brad Graham, then Ted Collyer, Blayne Burnside, Alan Parker....then slightly behind is Todd Janke, then Steffie Gignac. Now...in the centre, playing the perfect "Christ", is Jeff Lyons! Behind him is Michel Daze, seated is Frank Ramirez, standing is Rob Sadler. The three on the end are Dan Poitras, Genni Selby and Steve Remen on the far right.
I apologize for any misspellings!
Well, I will be sure to add a new post soon......thanks for lookin' !

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi , nice to hear from you. I'm in the throws of learning Harmony at Nelvana on a show called "My Friend Rabbit". That's too bad you're laid off at the moment.
To join the Illustration Friday group you just need to post your work on your blog, then got to the Illustation Fri. site, and click on the " enter your link" on the left hand upper corner of the page. It says, " did you illustrate this topic" and has enter your link under it. Just follow the steps and " Bobs your Uncle". They will put your link onto the site for you. Easy. Good luck and I'll be looking for you there.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful picture!

I'm an old college friend of Genni's and I'm trying to get back in touch with her. If you can, please forward my email address as follows: gerryp@magma.ca

Thanks!

Suzanne Dargie said...

Done!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you can help me!!!
I found a darling (print maybe) of a sweet bunny and the artists name is "R. Sadler" with a name printed that says "Rob Sadler". I can't find ANYTHING about the artist, and when I stumbled upon your blog, and YOU are an artist, and have a photo with a Rob Sadler in it, I just had to ask you if you think that this is the Rob that I am looking for, gawd I hope so, as I would love to see more of his work....and the frame on the back says (something illegible) Mexico....please write back.
Linda Smith
l.smith1300@sbcglobal.net