Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cakes From The Past

I love the blog "Cake Wrecks", and I felt like I should post a few cakes of my own that I made quite a few years ago. These images are from scanned photographs, so they aren't the greatest,
but here is the "Millenium Falcon" I made about 12 years ago:



I also made this "Storm Trooper" helmet cake. It's sitting on a wire rack in case you're wondering why there's a "mesh" behind it.

This was just a simple little Father's Day cake. Like most Fathers of people my age, mine is into golf, so it seemed the most appropriate subject matter. The "sand trap" was brown sugar.

This cake was made for a friend's daughter on her 6th birthday. She said, "Not only do your cakes look good Suzanne, they also taste good!"
This is very important to note, because when I was going to Sheridan College, I was invited to a birthday celebration where they covered the cake in little Barbie shoes and it looked so cute....but I swear it tasted like saw-dust! True story.

And here are the type of cakes that "Jen", the lady behind "Cake Wrecks" loves to hate. The "Torso" cake. It IS a strange idea now that I think about it, but it's interesting just how many of them are out there!

Here's a man's torso as a cake. It was the Sensei at our Dojo's birthday, and this seemed to be a good idea. Jokes were indeed made regarding things I should have added like red jelly inside the cake, and bloody stumps where the limbs and head should have been.
The only thing I regretted was adding the chest "hair" which ended up looking like little mouse poops!

No comments: