Saturday, May 4, 2013

A New Dollhouse

 I just received a kit from a friend who is too busy working on her other kits to ever get around to building this one....so I have eagerly begun it. It's the Alison Jr. by Real Good Toys.  It's the MDF version...which I would personally never choose again in the future because I hate working with MDF. The only advantage it has is the clapboards are milled directly into the exterior walls.
 Here I was using anything in the house that had some weight to it to clamp the parts down as the glue set. I ended up using Weldbond, which is a wonderful, Canadian product.
 I decided to do quite a few customizations....such as the dormer windows. I didn't like the perfect symmetry of the ones that came with the kit.....so I filled in their holes and cut a new hole for the dormer window I bought.
 This is my progress to date.

No comments: