Monday, September 10, 2007

More Ghosts of Costumes Past

Okay, these aren't from the 70's, they're 80's photos, but they're just as scary. I don't know what I was supposed to be. Some sort of KISS inspired alien. I was 18 years old and I went to some party downtown.....in a bar if I remember correctly.You can tell it was the 80's by the belt I was wearing. Remember those? And the ankle boots my friend liked to refer to as "Peter Pan Puddle Jumpers". The most impressive thing about the costume is that I actually took crystals from an old chandelier and made them into earrings! They were HEAVY! And the necklace was the exact same one I wore when my sister and I were dressed as cats. (It belonged to my Mom, and it's long gone now.)
Here's a later photo taken when I worked at Loomis and Toles, the art supply company. They always had inventory on Hallowe'en, which really pissed me off, but I got dressed to go to a party right after. I was supposed to be a cave-woman. I sewed all the rabbit skins together by hand, and frizzed my hair out by sleeping in tiny braids the night before. I don't think crimping irons were available yet....because I would have killed for one of those!
Boy, I actually thought I was fat back then. I can only WISH my body was in that shape again.

2 comments:

Rich Dannys said...

You look pretty scrumptious in RabbitSkins, baby..

CaveWoman, you say?
Homina-Homina, I say!!

UNGAWA!!! (grunt)

Suzanne Dargie said...

Okay You! Just you wait 'till I get you all decked out in leather and buckles! And that big papier mache cow skull!
I'm gonna be posting pictures of THAT! (And I'M gonna be the one drooling.)